CPL 0.00% 2.2¢ csl finance plc

impending share price catalysts

1. 180 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    Hi All

Over the next several weeks a variety of potential price catalysts will emerge which, all being well should see significant share price appreciation.

The first of these is a decision by the Government of Alberta concerning the existing mine permit. The below paragraphs are from the Technical Report issued earlier this month.

"The pre-feasibility study development schedule assumes that an existing 1983 Mine Permit can be used to construct and operate a 4.2 Mt/a project following the completion of the regulatory process required to obtain the Mine Licence and AEPEA/Water Act approvals. Coalspur has prepared and submitted applications to the Government of Alberta to confirm that Coalspur can use the 1983 Mine Permit and Coal Processing Plant approval; a determination is expected early in the first quarter of 2011."

And

"The pre-feasibility study development schedule assumes that the 1983 Mine Permit can be used to construct and operate a 4.2 Mt/a project following the completion of
    the regulatory process required to obtain the Mine Licence and Environmental Protection and Assessment Act(EPEA)/Water Act approvals (described as Stage 4
    in Appendix 12A). This assumption about proceeding with the historical mine permit for the Project is based on previous regulatory treatment of historical mine permits for other coal mines in reasonably similar situations."

All going to plan a positive announcement of approval of the existing mine permit will significantly de-risk this project in the eyes of analysts and potential investors. However, non approval from my reading could lead to delays of 18-24 months putting production back to 2016. I see this announcement as a crucial catalyst but take heart from Dangerboy's posts on the Stockhouse and Hotcopper forums where he states:

"Further, there has yet to be any objection from ministry of environment and will most likely be grandfathered approval for mine construction (with stipulations as normal)"

And

"I am by no means an expert and sorry to say I can't share my contacts either on site or in Government but this area is a no brainer for coal production." Here's hoping Dangerboy is on the money. Any updates Dangerboy?

The second catalyst is CPL attendance and presentation at the BMO Capital Markets Global Metal and Mining Conference in Florida on 28 Feb. This conference is one of the largest in the world and by invitation only. If you look at the presenting companies CPL is in very good company.

http://www.bmocm.com/conferences/metalsandmining2011/default.aspx

The third catalyst is CPL's participation at the ASX Small to Mid Cap road show in New York on 3rd March with one on one presentations also occurring throughout the day.

http://www.asx.com.au/smalltomidcaps/newyork/

The fourth catalyst may occur on March 4 with the rebalancing of the S&P ASX 200. The formula used by S&P for admission is somewhat complex and admission only occurs if there are companies falling out. Therefore this is a wait and see as there are several companies ahead of CPL waiting to be admitted.

All in all there are catalysts for significant price appreciation all going well. Time will tell.

Regards

Danash

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CPL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.