GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

importance of last night's us$24 gold rise ..., page-9

1. 804 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    thats a good perspective GC
    the global village is getting its share of our resource industry by buying our paper that comes with interest attached

knowing when to buy gold in Oz is very much a currency game so it pays to have some idea of the games out there

- goldmining just about made Perth and other cities 100+ years ago and may just save us this time around and keep the Aud up relative to other currencies ? -maybe resources will chug along as well

but if China tanks, the Aud will tank initially ?, and gold in Oz will go up

pays to think about these things -talk about a lucky country tho - we come with our own central bank in the form of gold in the ground (much smarter than the one in Canberra!)

I reckon interest rates here may have peaked again just as they did before the last equity selloff - what would punters do with their money if they lived in the US or Europe and couldn't carry it to Oz - bonds I suppose but I reckon many must be thinking about gold now in the wider global village as it all becomes more about return of your money as return on your money as an investment everywhere becomes zilch and risky as well

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.