NZC 0.00% 36.5¢ nzuri copper limited

I'm not sure if the shorts are real now, maybe a seller simply...

1. 595 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 942
    I'm not sure if the shorts are real now, maybe a seller simply needed to sell quickly and/or wanted to cause some panic, perhaps hopeful they could buy back in cheap, or maybe they managed to sell/short enough to themselves hoping more would then sell.

The gross shorts we have access to the following trading day appear to rely on self reporting, I'm not sure how reliable this is and whether the short positions updated by ASIC linked below are actually any more reliable.

According to the ASIC website reported daily short positions which I'm assuming should be the still open positions on that date (http://asic.gov.au/Reports/Daily/2018/05/RR20180504-001-SSDailyAggShortPos.pdf) there are no shorts open on NZC as of the 4th of May (2nd and 3rd is when the aggressive selling occurred).

Either I'm reading this wrong or maybe it also relies on the shorts to self report (which I can't imagine being that reliable in itself), I don't know and it doesn't make sense .

If anyone is more experienced in this area feel free to add anything to this please

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NZC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.