CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

improved uk energy & climate changes expected

1. 101 Posts.
    I now firmly believe, in my humble opinion, we are very close to seeing a utility company in Europe placing a substantial order with cfcl.

Why?

The uk coalition will see the Liberal democrats head up the ministry for energy and climate change and they are and have always been the most aggresive changers from the big three partys.

The manifesto they stood on clearly expected more carbon reduction than previous government targets and along with the uk electoral and economic reform will form a strong lever for negotiation within the new government.

Their manifesto clearly stated commitments to reducing carbon emmisions much greater than those offered up by the previous government and all this by 2020.

Once the honeymoon period of uk coalition government is over I'm expecting some juicy changes that in my opinion will get the utilities hoppin' about for product.

There could well be a massive exclusive deal just around the corner for the first serious utility to place a firm order to meet uk government targets and it doesn't necessarily need to come from an existing flexi agreement such as eon as they test and retest etc!!!!

I'm, in my opinion, expecting to see a utility moppin' up production in Germany before they miss the first wave.

Also have a look at this article from Fuelcells today, they follow a similar line with the uk government changes.

All in my honest opinion and as ever dyor huddo.

--------------

www.fuelcelltoday.com

Welcome to first fortnightly newsletter from Fuel Cell Today HQ in Britain after the launch of our new coalition government.

The past two weeks have seen a number of highly positive developments in the fuel cell and hydrogen industry. The story that rightly grabbed the most headlines came from Toyota. Instead of the doom merchants getting their way with fuel cell cars costing millions, never being economic etc. etc. etc. Toyota put a firm stake in the ground with a price tag of "about" US$50,000 (~�30,000) for its first hydrogen FC vehicle. The other little gem tucked away in the press release was that the costs of production would be covered with the price tag. So no huge costs to the company every time someone makes the choice to adopt one of these cars. Nice!

The Californian Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger also grabbed his fair share of the limelight during the NHA conference with a very verbal commitment to be an advocate for hydrogen even after he left office. We need an industry champion and maybe he is the man for the job.

Also we would like to applaud Entrepreneur Tom Sullivan who has certainly put his money where his mouth is. During the announcing of results of the first Proton Energy Scholarship instead of awarding one US$100,000 four year undergraduate scholarship Tom decided that all 10 of the finalists deserved supporting and handed each of them a scholarship. Doing the sums this comes to some US$4 million. Tom, we applaud you.

Finally the reason FCT UK is so happy with the new coalition that we have is that the Liberal Democrats are now in charge of the Department of Energy and Climate Change. This, of all the three British parties, is the party with the clearest agenda that could help the fuel cell and hydrogen industries. Not through picking winners but because of their manifesto commitments to "set a target for 40 per cent of UK electricity to come from clean, non carbon emitting sources by 2020, rising to 100 per cent by 2050, and a clear renewables routemap to 2050, covering grid access and investment in electricity networks, and develop new incentives to promote renewable heat". Excellent news to our ears, now can we please get to work and build an industry.

---------

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.