NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

Gefi you pointed out ARM >and theres some news about them and...

1. 4,293 Posts.
    Gefi you pointed out ARM >

and theres some news about them and Modikwa...

http://www.iol.co.za/business/companies/local-threats-halt-modikwa-drilling-1.1694003

Local threats halt Modikwa drilling

May 26 2014 at 12:34pm
    By Franz Wild

"Johannesburg - African Rainbow Minerals Ltd., controlled by South African billionaire Patrice Motsepe, said a drilling program at Modikwa platinum mine was stalled after contractors were threatened by local opponents of the project.

The managers of Modikwa, which is jointly owned by African Rainbow, Anglo American Platinum Ltd., and the local community, didn’t consult farmers before adding a new drill rig that would affect their fields, Mike Kgwete, a community activist, said by phone on May 23. Modikwa had “extensive consultation with community structures and land owners” before adding the rig at the mine in north-eastern South Africa, African Rainbow said."continues

and later
    "African Rainbow said it’s committed to ensuring that local populations benefit from Modikwa, which draws 70 percent of its 4,000 permanent employees from the surrounding region.

“The area has approximately 80,000 people and an 80 percent unemployment rate, so there will continue to be challenges in ensuring the upliftment of our people living in these communities,” the company said.

African Rainbow is planning to expand Modikwa, which last year produced 325,000 ounces of platinum group metals. The drilling program “is an ongoing and routine part of the operation and is to determine geology and reef continuity,” the company said."continues

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.