IMU 5.26% 5.4¢ imugene limited

Actually @@fattchoi@Bioalltheway very interesting theory. As a...

1. 38 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 53

Actually @@fattchoi@Bioalltheway very interesting theory. As a LT holder, like most here on HC, I was quite upset and disappointed yesterday when the news was announced, and like many posters here, could not understand why management would give away our shares at a discount plus options, and seemingly give the finger to retail shareholders. So much so I wrote an email to Leslie hoping they could provide us investors with more details of the reasons behind the CR.

Reading through all the posts diligently, and after calming down and considering all the theories, I have re-calibrated and still hold on to my thinking that management would not treat its retail shareholders so shabbily. It just does not sit right with how and what the company has done so far. There must be a good reason for the CR. So, when I read your posts, I went to google the Merck takeover of Viralytics, trying to figure out when Merck started to make an investment and have a toe hold holding in Viralytics, before the takeover (incidentally,@fattchoi, if you know could you please post a reply, as I could not find the information). However, I found something else which piqued my interest, and made me think that perhaps the key to this latest CR could be in PH's comment about adding complementary assets.

To this end, I found this interesting article that the team that was responsible for developing an oncolytic therapy using the common cold virus to treat melanoma at Viralytics, had gotten back together:

" The team behind immuno-oncology success story Viralytics is back together and having another crack at developing a therapy harnessing a person’s own immune system to treat colorectal, ovarian and gastric cancers. Led my Malcolm McColl, ImmVirX is investing in the development of another oncolytic viral immunotherapy, utilising RNA viruses to target specific receptor cells that are highly prevalent on these types of cancer cells."

https://www.copyright link/companies/healthcare-and-fitness/viralytics-band-gets-back-together-for-immvirx-cancer-start-up-20210512-p57rch

Might it be that this is a potential acquisition target for IMU given PH's connection with Viralytics, he must be in touch with this team? The description of what the company is doing seems to be in the same area as IMU (those with greater understanding of this area, please jump in and explain?)

Happy for others to share their thoughts on this. GLTA and holding out for further news to come.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
-0.003(5.26%)
Mkt cap ! $395.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.5¢ 5.7¢ 5.4¢ $1.444M 26.24M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
24 3824179 5.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 172983 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.