IMU 5.56% 5.7¢ imugene limited

imu looking sicker than a chook with birdflu, page-18

1. 7,980 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 694
    re: imu ...meerkat Meer,

You say,

"but I know for a fact there is no such thing as a flu vaccine. For a start there are no vaccines against virus infection - there are only things which slow then down."

Not correct.
    I dont know what your definition of a vaccine is, but it is something which stimulates the recipients own natural immune system to prepare antibodies against a specific invading organism,....... to destroy it.

Works better for some bacteria/virus' than others.

Polio is a good example.
    While the virus is still present in the world, it has virtually been eliminated in many countries, including Australia by using a polio vaccine.

Yes immunisation agains flu does not guarantee that the recipient will not get the flu, but it does greatly reduce the incidence and severity of the infection if an epidemic does occur.
    In other words less people would get the flu & those that did would be less severely infected.

"Slowing down".. to use your terminolgy is in the case of influenza quite an effective & life saving technique.

Exactly the same principal,(as Ive already said in birds or animals),...immunise then & their immune system is better equiped to fight off the actual infection if it comes around.

No... the CSIRO do not as yet have an avian flu vaccine, but as has been said, they are working on several candidates.
    (And as I said already, I think they have a reasonable chance of being successful... certainally better than 2%).

I respect your opinion as it is always nice to hear someone with a contrary view.

But I am a little puzzled.

If you feel so strongly that the sincerity/ integrity of the IMU directors is lacking.

If you believe ( quite wrongly ) that immunisation is a waste of time & does not work.

Given that IMU s entire focus is to use adenoviral vectors of various specific animal & bird varieties to produce viral & bacterial vaccines for immunisation.

Given that all biotechnolgy takes ages to sort our.

Why are you holding 50,000 IMU shares ?

A fair question, don't you think.

Cheers

Bendigo

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.7¢
Change
0.003(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $417.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.5¢ 5.8¢ 5.2¢ $2.499M 45.00M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1921794 5.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.7¢ 1368288 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.