IMU 1.79% 5.7¢ imugene limited

Hi@SENARIS and @Hawkbar33I certainly agree that Imugene has an...

1. 2,871 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12050

Hi@SENARIS and @Hawkbar33I certainly agree that Imugene has an astonishingly credentialed and experienced team - especially on the Science/research side of things. The Scientific Advisory Board membership is stellar.

The new position advertised in the USA are very interesting. Senaris - if you take a look at the website there is now additional position advertised - Associate Director, Strategic Sourcing; Direct Materials.
    Yep - it's a massive extra cash burn and that is a major change for Imugene. Leslie has always been pretty frugal with the spending and I have heard her emphasise her careful money management in interviews. She has always raised cash whenever she can - well before it seemed necessary - even if it was sometimes a clumsy and/or unpopular process. So I agree. The GMP plant purchase - along with taking on the crew to run it - must indicate a very high level of confidence that they can gain significant income before the cash balance starts to become a concern. It might also increase their value as a takeover target. A "mini Genentech" as you say - friend @ReadyToRetire

As well as the salaries there will be on costs, plus plus the costs of an office in San Fran. Commercial rents there will be high, and they will need a few general office/clerical/PA positions. We already know they have picked up a whole team at the GMP Mfg plant in Raleigh. God knows what they cost, or the cost of maintaining and running the plant.

Of the new staff positions:
    • The VP's for: Quality Compliance; Process Development - both of these are directly about running the GMP plant effectively. (There are only two positions but each has been advertised twice. Once in San Fran and once in Raleigh. The location is negotiable).
    • The newly advertised position of "Associate Director, Strategic Sourcing; Direct Materials" - likewise is about the Raleigh GMP Plant. However - it's interesting to look at the PD, which reads in part: " Preferred strategic sourcing experience within the Biotech and/or cell therapy space negotiating with complex direct material suppliers, proprietary single source items, dual sourcing, CDMO providers producing viral vectors, plasmids,mRNA as well as support clinical operation as needed." Is the reference to mRNA casual, or is it a clue that they are they considering further product diversification?
    • The VP Regulatory Affairs looks to be all about steering IMU as rapidly and successfully as possible through the FDA process (and EMA for Europe). I think that's a really good investment. If IMU had serious doubts about the scientific success of the prioritised clinical trials, they would hold off on creating a position aimed at achieving registration for their products.
    • The Director, Strategic Planning and Transformation Management is of interest to me because it's the only new role which is not directly and immediately about getting products produced and dancing through the Regulatory maze. The Strategic Planning role is about long term direction, and better internal cohesion and communication. Although LC still lists "Corporate Takeover" as a possible goal, the Strategic Planning position - to me - sounds more like they are preparing for a longer term future as an independent Pharma company. They are prepared to pay up to $280,000 USD salary for that role, so they are clearly serious about it.

We are seeing a major inflection point for Imugene here, as it transforms itself from a very small team - holding IP licensed in, and running clinical trials - to a much larger organisation gearing up for regulatory and commercial success. They now have a very serious physical and personnel footprint in the USA - so the long anticipated NASDAQ listing is starting to look quite close, in my view.

As a former rock climber, it makes me think of the term "commitment." For a climber - that's the point at which you have made all your preparations, you have looked at the challenge ahead, and you either commit yourself to the climb, or you go home.

If you are confident in yourself, and your team, and your training and preparation, and if you know the moment is right - then you commit.

The way I see it - Imugene just committed.

2024 might look a bit like this.....

Cheers

Dave
    Last edited by davybabyk: 17/12/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.7¢
Change
0.001(1.79%)
Mkt cap ! $418.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.6¢ 5.7¢ 5.4¢ $461.9K 8.347M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 1082545 5.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.7¢ 603058 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.