IMU 5.88% 5.4¢ imugene limited

Thankyou Theoc for putting the proposition “does sitting at...

1. 2,582 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 762
    Thankyou Theoc for putting the proposition “does sitting at several times the buy price qualify as preservation of capital?” And Zior for the general discussion. I have nominated an exit price at which I will sell to preserve my base capital plus a small cover but at a average price of .12c over a few years with a multi million number of shares it’s a low risk (yes I am very lucky). This is precisely the issue I am troubled by as I know it’s another 12 months to wait for the CGT benefit that long term investors consider. Then comes the reality that to sell now to cover capital means that the reality of holding the same number of shares is lost. You can’t sell and keep the same.
    Yes it’s all about balancing risk I get that, but this glitch today has affected all of my stocks and one must grin and bear it.
    I really respect your views Slick but not sure you have dealt with the LT investor side of preservation of capital by again advocating sell, the CGT clock resets and one cant buy at the entry price some of us enjoy.
    Where I do agree with the sell equation is if it is unlikely that the stock will recover its ground in the near term. In that regard is the cost of holding worthwhile if an event has intervened to lessen the chances of there being a rebound. For example a resource stock I hold has just dropped below 50% of value due to alleged fraud but it looks more like exec ineptitude. There it’s safer to dispose and reinvest into the future if things turn around. It will take too long and too many dollars to retrace.
    For IMU it’s a variety of factors but the underpinning science has remained and nothing negative crosses the bow as yet. So I guess I will hold and see my multiples on capital invested as my preservation of capital and consider selling a portion once we see an announcement on a significant trial. GLTAH.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
0.003(5.88%)
Mkt cap ! $396.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.1¢ 5.7¢ 5.1¢ $1.713M 31.55M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 623619 5.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 50000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.