IMU 9.26% 5.9¢ imugene limited

IMUGENE CHART. TA only, page-12729

1. 4,323 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2020
    You know kluck, its not that different now to other times.
    There have been wars. There have been travel disruptions. Gold has been higher. Oil has been higher. And markets have dipped.

Lots of us here started accumulating heads at 1.5c. I stopped at 3.7c. And I bought every IMUOB at .001 that hit the market (well not all of them but lots). I bought lots of IMUOAs as well. Accumulating is the easy bit. Knowing how to manage your millions of cheap shares is where the learning experience starts.
    Greed and pride (heart) wants us to hold just that little bit longer. Our DD, TA (head) tell us when we should lock in some profit along the way.
    Its awesome to hold multi millions of shares in a stock. But have you ever tried to off load them without dropping the price (now this is a tactic, but you can get caught out)?
    Listen to what slick and some of the other experienced fellas and gals do. They have a core holding, but the rest is to trade or lock in profit. The core is there to run hard when the price takes off. But the rest of the holding is there to lock in some of that profit before things retrace, and give funds to buy more on dips.
    IMU is the share that keeps on giving. It has allowed me to invest in newer biotech firms with lower market caps, with greater multiples a possibility. And it has allowed me to buy back the same number of shares i sold at 50c for half the money.
    So with my core holding i still have lots of exposure to price rises. With the rest I have built upon my portfolio. Trying to find the next IMU. Before IMU I had VLA just like Mr K.
    Take a look at that VLA chart Mr K posted. Those who didnt sell any shares around the previous high didnt really do much better with the buyout. But. if you sold some there. and bought some more around when that chinese biotech bought in. you made a motsa.
    Everyone has their own risk appetite. And for some buying and holding is as risky as it gets. But. I bet you know a lot of people that bought and watched a share price climb and climb and climb and then drop and drop and drop etc. Holding without thought (having targets) is much more risky than taking some profit. And there is lots of history to prove that. And anyone who says it hasnt happened to them is either very new to the market, or is bending the truth.
    I think it was stieni that sold out at 28c. And i remember that price well. When he did that I was thinking he was the most sensible fella on the thread. He locked in over 10bags and had millions of dollars in the bank. No greed, just a good non emotional decision. Yes he could have held and watched it go to 60c, but he would still be watching now when we are at 25c.
    So buying is the easy bit. What happens next is the important bit. Unless you are a biotech working the trial just holding and waiting is only a gamble. Set goals, and use even some basic TA skills to know when to hold em and when to fold em.
    It annoys the cr@p out of me, when the clueless take snipes at slick. And that is not aimed at you kluck. He takes time to post a chart and what he thinks it means. in easy to understand english (were you army slick? ) Yet those that have nothing to add except they buy and hold go after him. I wonder which group has made more money out of IMU in the past few months?
    Those that dont like TA stay off the TA threads. Start another IMU thresd called "in hope we trust" or something where you can measure who has the longer hold.

Some smart person once said "you never go broke taking a profit" To me, that is the only trading advice any share holder needs to know.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.