IMU 8.33% 5.2¢ imugene limited

IMUGENE CHART. TA only, page-18717

1. 568 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1818

It's not Paul Hopper's hedge as he hasn't hedged the shares, he's only used the shares as collateral. Macquarie doesn't own the shares that PH gave them as collateral, so if they transferred them to themselves to prevent him from selling them, they had to be reported as short sold however that does not mean they are on the open market. I imagine they would be held in a trust account ready to transfer back to PH when he pays out the loan. As the shares will not need to be bought back on the open market, the transfer to return them to him won't have any impact on the share price.

Despite an explanation of hedging provided by @Zior, I don't really understand why people would hedge in that manner rather than simply sell/buy the shares. The large order you referred to was likely covered by someone lined up to take it and that would be why there was no impact on the share price. Whereas if the sell order was dumped on market, it would have impacted the SP.

To answer the questions, "Does Paul Hopper's Short hedge have a negative correlations to our dwindling SP, and would him covering the short give the SP a positive boost", the answer to both would have to be almost certainly not, however I'd like to hear if someone can explain how/why it would.

I think a better answer to the question of "Why has the share price declined?" would include reference to the declining world economy and the moving of cash out of higher risk investments combined with the lack of any clear pathway to a commercial deal for any of Imugene's pipeline. I'm expecting we won't see any commercial partnerships until the conclusion of Phase 2 trials for each of the drugs, which is likely 2 years or more away. What might give the share price a boost in the meantime is the pre-clinical results for onCARlytics which may be good enough to show the potential value of the platform is close what has been suggested, which will then leave the questions, "How quick can they run a Ph1 to demonstrate safety and show some efficacy to demonstrate the concept is likely to work and will that Ph1 roll straight over into a Ph2 registrational as LC suggested when the platform was acquired?" Hopefully we'll have a better idea of the answers to those questions in a month or so.

@Spozzie The loan was taken out in Dec-2020 when the share price was around 10-12 cents and since then it ran up to 62.5 cents, so it's fair to say it did not impact the share price.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.2¢
Change
0.004(8.33%)
Mkt cap ! $383.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 5.5¢ 4.8¢ $3.940M 77.01M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 91548 5.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.9¢ 259191 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.