IMU 5.77% 5.5¢ imugene limited

I have some knowledgeable about this... not the thread to...

1. 5,063 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2294
    I have some knowledgeable about this... not the thread to discuss such, but here goes

everything depends on how much super you have as to whether you should self manage...

Accountants and the tax office can have some serious fees for self managed funds annually, as your self managed fund has to be audited each financial year.. Ask your accountant how much he/she is going to charge you and what other fee's are involved including set up costs.. depending on what investment you plan to use your super for these fees can blow out.

Again everything depends on how much you have and how you are wishing to invest it... If you only need $1000 a week to be happy then term deposits and such at near 5% on a $1million would do what you require without stress and risks..

You have 6 years before you are entitled to a full pension, 66 full pension for your year of birth... but that also has rules in regards to assets and money in the bank..

Personally if I was you I would declare myself fully retired, and draw out the entire superannuation ... detach it from being a super fund.. you can do this as long as you are 55+ and are not working.. bearing in mind you are still allowed to earn income while retired, comes under strict regulation, you most probably have some knowledge on this already... If married etc, combine future incomes to help with the tax free thresholds..

I recently turned 50... I have had a handful of business's.. I never paid myself super as I would rather be in control of my own money, invested it into property instead... the little super I have from working for the man many years ago is worth bugger all, when I'm eligible for it I plan on buying a Aussie Muscle Car and having some fun with it..

Im attempting to retire at the end of this year, going to sell business's, stop trading the ASX etc.. Mrs turns 50 in November, that's my present to her, retirement... trip around aussie for a couple of years...I wont be trading, literally wont be involved in anything other than my YouTube channel..

I plan to have a couple of houses that will be holiday let ... IMO this makes good money in certain areas... again everything depends on how much funds you have... IF you buy a house in the likes of Noosa, Yeppoon, Airlie Beach for example, an area where holiday rentals are near booked out all year, you can make some serious dollars... good returns.. Mate of mine has a house worth about $1million in Yeppoon, holiday rents it out, peak season charges near double, averages about $1800 a week through out the year... great returns...

My strongest advice would be to put everything on paper and put a plan together taking risk management into consideration... all depending on how much you have it may pay to diversify... I don't see the point in leaving it in a self manage fund under the "super" banner being that you are eligible for it now.. Just make the money work for you...

this is not financial advice, just offering a different insight... above all, do what makes you happy with less stress, life is short... embrace the now I say.. hence why I'm planning on retiring early to enjoy before my body starts crying out in serious pain and health issues, lets face it, this all comes for us at some point..... best wishes to you...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.5¢
Change
0.003(5.77%)
Mkt cap ! $404.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.7¢ 5.2¢ $802.5K 14.79M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 348447 5.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 1214875 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.