IMU 1.89% 5.2¢ imugene limited

I find the term Recession is abused by the media and...

1. 9,881 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26329
    I find the term Recession is abused by the media and Governments. We can have technical Recessions and we can have real Recessions. We can dip into Recession and come back out. We can even have Recessions our Government decides we ‘had to have’ to adjust the economy.

One thing I do know is there is a terrible economic event called a Depression. You cannot have a technical Depression and you cannot dip in and out on the adjusted numbers.

In a Depression you have mass unemployment and widespread mortgage default. It is appalling and everyone suffers across the board. Recession is not Depression.

I bet most of us cannot point to one actual future defining financial effect they suffered as a direct result of the last technical Recession. If the media did not tells us it was happening we would not know.

The usual effect of the types of Recessions we experience here in Australia is the stress the media causes us by constantly telling us how terrible things could get.

Unfortunately that stress leads to the population suffering more medical events causing increased demand for all the various medical services.

Remember that old saying ‘if you don’t have your health you haven’t got anything.’

There are certain medical conditions like cancer that cannot be ignored or treatment put off.

If IMU produces from its hat the beautiful data Recession or no Recession it will be successful.

If Imugene is successful we can stop reading and listening to the media and Governments as I suspect we won’t know there is a Recession technical or otherwise happening around us shareholders.

Did I mention that an increasing demand for medical services will likely add billions to the cash reserves of Big Pharma which is why they are considered defensive investment plays during Recessions.

My opinion only DYOR

Fact Finder

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.