IMU 2.08% 4.9¢ imugene limited

Triple witching is the simultaneous expiration of stock options,...

1. 2,012 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 615
    Triple witching is the simultaneous expiration of stock options, stock index futures, and stock index options contracts, all on the same trading day. This happens four times a year, on the third Friday of March, June, September, and December. The expected expiration date for the three might increase trading volume and cause unusual price changes in the underlying assets.

So let’s just pick up on the triple witching notion for a hypothetical…

Had Imugene held or even moved higher than the 8c+ announcement high of last week into the end of September(specifically the third Friday of September) what would this do?

There are no company Stock Options as far as I’m aware but there are index funds who would be impacted. These index funds would need to almost double their holdings in Imugene. So perhaps many of them chose to sell hard into the rally, take a decent profit and hope to pick up their shares now when it’s back at 5c or so. No conspiracy, no insider trading, just clever people playing with other peoples money and looking to bolster their yearly bonus position. These games will work every day until they won’t. That day is coming sooner than we think in my opinion.

Many people have mentioned the patent cliff facing many blockbuster drugs but few have discussed the huge growing pile of cash reserves building on the balance sheets of most of the big pharmaceutical companies. Chairmen and boards in general don’t like to see this money sitting idle for too long. Efficient deployment of cash reserves in order to maintain a healthy pipeline of future blockbuster drugs is always front of mind and IMU presents itself as a classic opportunity in my opinion.

Good luck long term holders. Own time is coming.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.9¢
Change
0.001(2.08%)
Mkt cap ! $364.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.8¢ 4.9¢ 4.8¢ $179.8K 3.692M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
62 8124186 4.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.9¢ 3070575 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.