IMU 2.82% 6.9¢ imugene limited

Hi All,Excellent advice Slick.Back in the 90's, I bought into a...

1. 112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Hi All,

Excellent advice Slick.

Back in the 90's, I bought into a Black Box Charting package called Market Analyser (which is now called Bourse Analyser). It is a very good software package, as far as I am concerned. My aim was to do what many on here do - Trade Stocks.

I liked Candle Stick charting and have a nice library of books based around this, and other TA and Charting concepts. I did a couple of trading courses which were also very informative.

One very important pieces of advice I was given: If you can't trade the underlying stock, then for gods sake, do not trade Derivatives.

I became very good a buying stocks - but bloody useless at selling them. I have quite a few stocks that are just not worth selling (and I am glad I never took out a Margin Loan).

When the GFC hit, I was forced to reassess what I was doing:

• I no longer try and "trade"
    • I am actively looking for income producing stocks - I prefer a Dividend where possible
    • I dropped my subscription to Bourse Analyser - although I loved the software, I could not justify the ongoing cost

Interestingly, all my current promising stocks, are stocks that I bought way before the GFC, and none yet give a Divi, and many are no longer in the same industry as when I first bought them.

I have been in IMU since 2002, and I am up 650%, which, out of 25 companies I hold, now represents 21% of my portfolio. I would love to have purchased more recently, but alas, COVID took my job away, so no spare cash. In this stock, I am a firm long term holder and am only worried about the recently missed buying opportunities.

Good luck to all holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.9¢
Change
-0.002(2.82%)
Mkt cap ! $505.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.1¢ 7.1¢ 6.9¢ $230.0K 3.316M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
34 2312909 6.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.0¢ 558686 28
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.11pm 28/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.9¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 1.15 %)
Open High Low Volume
7.0¢ 7.0¢ 6.9¢ 1530361
Last updated 12.31pm 28/05/2024 ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.