IMU 1.85% 5.3¢ imugene limited

One rule always applies, the larger the time frame, the more...

1. 1,391 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10577
    One rule always applies, the larger the time frame, the more weight the signal or level carries. As an example, this means that a MACD, a candlestick pattern, a fib or whatever on a daily or weekly time frame will always be stronger than one taken from an hourly.
    Fib moves run in very concise patterns, that is just maths. Until one fib move has completed then it is still relevant. Fibs don't look at time frames, fibs are entirely based on price levels. The long term Nov fib move is still in play until it is shown to have finished. Having said that, there are always multiple fib moves on the go at the same time, so how do you know which ones are key? Firstly, the higher the TF the more important it will be. Secondly and I cannot emphasise this enough, fib levels must be applied to best fit. When you try to apply fib start and end point rules, they will work most of the time, but sometimes they will lead you up the garden path simply because the rest or the market has it pegged to a different start or end point.
    Is the April move important to run a fib on? Absolutely it is. Is the Nov fib still in play? Absolutely it is. This will be proven when the price gets to the key 200% level about 23c and the 261.8% about 28. These levels were set in stone once the fib from November was pegged. The only thing that will cause the price to show no respect for them is news, but that applies to all tech analysis.

I do also appreciate that the weightier long term tech analysis is not for everyone, especially if you chart to trade in and out. It's easy enough to commentate on the day to day price action on levels already in play, but if you want to know what is up ahead weeks and even months ahead (obviously news events cannot be factored in easily) with a relative degree of accuracy long before the price gets there then larger time frames are required. And no, I'm not having a go at traders, because I believe they are good for the stock as I have said in the past. They create volume and price action, and also spend their money to support the economy during hard times.

My point is it entirely depends on what you are looking for in your analysis. I have no interest in trading again or in the day to day stuff, but that doesn't mean I don't respect it and think it's any less valuable.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
-0.001(1.85%)
Mkt cap ! $389.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.3¢ 5.4¢ 5.2¢ $384.2K 7.271M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
26 1723946 5.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.3¢ 905438 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.