IMU 2.00% 5.1¢ imugene limited

Imugene (IMU) Program Update- 26 November 2020, page-2

1. 2,983 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2703
    Hi All

Let's face it, we are inherently lazy. Much easier to follow the thumbs-ups on HC than to actually research yourself. Well here's a chance to invest 16 minutes of your life in actual research: Just watch the LC video interview posted by ricky_banker to start this thread. I did and it is difficult not to come away believing Imugene is a chance to become our next CSL. All great companies start somewhere, but more often than not because they have an invention that's a game-changer.

Watch the interview yourself, please, but consider Leslie's following observations (it seems to me that as a scientist she is not into hyperbole):

On CF33 in pre-clinical studies: 'Cancer lines are being obliterated by this particular virus'. Obliterate (dictionary.com): 'to remove or destroy all traces of; do away with; destroy completely'. Just suck that in for a moment ... 'destroy completely'. I grew up with the phrase 'cancer cure' being totally mythical - equivalent to the philosopher's stone (capable of turning base metals to gold). In other words, no chance. Yes, CF33 has only 'removed or destroyed all traces' of cancer in pre-clinical trials, but it seems to me our philosopher's stone is at least in prospect. For evidence, Lesley again on CF33: 'What we know about our oncolytic virus is that it attacks all malignant cells, regardless of indication'.

I guess the HER-vaxx results hadn't really sunk in with me, but there is a simple chart on Slide 8 that even a layman can identify with: Eight out of the 13 patients given only chemo died, whereas just four of the 14 given chemo and HER-vaxx succumbed. The chance of death was reduced by 58 per cent. And whilst the inner statistician says, 'Ah, yes, but too small a sample', the fact the 'independent umpire' felt strongly enough to wind up the trial speaks volumes for the efficacy of our vaccine. It was certainly enough for LC to conclude the Phase 2 trial had demonstrated 'proof of concept of the entire B-Cell-activating immuno platform, so I'm very pleased'. We should be, too, because every big pharma on the planet would identify the import of that conclusion.

Lesley continued: 'This is what scientists and inventors dream about - that their babies and inventions go into clinics and actually see results in patients. We are beyond surprised at the clinical data.' Beyond surprised ... I'm sure they would have held high hopes for the trial in the first place, so for our scientists to emerge with those hopes exceeded is wildly exciting for shareholders. Oh, and patients - let's not forget them; I'm sure, like me, you've had family succumb to the horrors of cancer.

On the commercial front, Lesley outlines how the data now provides Imugene with multiple choices about how to proceed. 'We are consulting with the best scientists in the world regarding gastro, breast, lung, to see where this best fits in the landscape.'

One thing does seem certain: The next step - in bio-med timeframes, at least - won't be far away. When asked if Imugene would now need to go away and tweak HER-vaxx, Lesley quickly ruled that out, noting the scientists had spent a lot of time optimising the drug prior to the trial.

She then spoke of the holy grail of a cancer-busting drug that could be administered intravenously. 'Vaccinia ... if that can go into an intravenous setting and can prove safety and some level - mechanism and action, I believe we are on a clear winner there. We have clear data; just need to dose patients. If we can do that we will get a lot of interest.' Whilst COVID is making things tricky, she hopes that might happen in 2021.

Like I say, watch it yourself - watch her demeanor, listen closely to what she says. My investment story here is bitter sweet. I bought 400,000 shares at 2.2 cents, held them through the 'nothing years', then sold them for ... 2.2 cents, planning to reinvest if there were signs of life in the Company. Obviously I had no idea it would roar to life so quickly that my reentry price would be significantly higher. I'm now rebuilding a position ASAP. (The happy - well, for me - postscript is that my IMU sale proceeds went into STX at six cents, so I'm not complaining.)

OOO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.1¢
Change
0.001(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $374.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.1¢ 5.3¢ 5.0¢ $623.8K 12.08M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 347323 5.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.3¢ 632940 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.