SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

In approx 45 days..., page-7

1. 1,593 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Being cautious is the smart thing to be doing at the moment imo. Fortunately for investors the sector is crap so no rush and I think wise to spend more time and risk less money until things improve unless committed to a contrarian approach.

On the reporting I think that because the debt is relatively new the reporting on that will get better and in line as you suggested, there are likely small one off's buried in the LOE or G&A lines that also need to be backed out but the reporting templates are probably well established and will need to be adjusted then checked for QC. That is a guess but some of the other coy's have long standing debt at much higher levels so they are well prepared for the investor questions. This doesn't detract from you point though and this issue is very important to have a view as if the OP stays low I think it is manageable but will be challenging.

VH agree on payables comment and would add the flow from accruals to payables/cash also important. The other thing for all these O&G is the carrying value of the properties particularly the ones not producing.

An important number for me in the qtly will be the cash cost of production, that number will imo will be key to understanding the June and Sept qtr where the sleeper issues probably lie if OP stays low or if no mediation actions taken. The coy has a number of options available to manage this so will be interesting to get more info in the qtrly.

Also interesting is the number of O&G properties for sale, many with established production which I think is a better indicator than drilling rigs. some of these sales should give us all some insight to the value of the properties held in the balance sheet but that is for another day.
    Thks for the EOG link, I watch a few and you always find some insights from reading/ benchmarking, the disclosures are good so I will have a better look.
    Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.