SIP 1.55% $1.31 sigma pharmaceuticals limited

in at $1.06, page-22

1. 257 Posts.
    I think this share is in shorters hands... it has been heavily shorted over last few days...i think the reason could be that It goes Ex Div on 16th and the shares from recent capital rising will be avaliable for trading on 19th... that is about 160m new shares on top of 132m new shares alloted on 24th sep...

I think shorters may be hoping for one of the two events... on friday if it falls by Div amt of $0.03 from the current price it'll be a 3% fall and if they still don't cover it on friday when the new shares come for trading i think they might expect further fall on sp on monday as well...

Also i read somewhere that now hedge funds are shorting the pharma stocks due to the proposed legislations regarding health care systems both here and in US...
    Also I'm not sure where the bottom lies now...
    IMO Sigma is a good pharma manufacturing co...i think they'll sustain their cash flow...so i do not see any negative in holding the stock...but IMO there won't be any much significant capital appreciation unless it gets taken over by some other co...which may be distant possibility...
    but there are some other stocks that are running for 5 bagger or 10 bagger...
    This may be good for regular div payments with some sort of stability...
    Anyway this is just my thoughts on SIP...Pls DYOR..

Cheers
    PMT

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SIP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.