SIP 1.55% $1.31 sigma pharmaceuticals limited

in at $1.06, page-44

1. 1,528 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    Let me preface this with the statement, that I have
    Delta, I tend to agree that it is quite difficult to compete with Indian/Chinese/Other developing nations when it comes to manufacturing anything (if not impossible).
    However buying tshirts and other consumables in bulk from India and China is fine. If they break they were cheap enough to buy another. Its another ballgame when you start talking about health products. I have to say that I live in the ME now with really cheap generics (I mean really cheap), however I am certainly not at ease about their composition. Crazy maybe, but we live in a time where 90% of the popultaion wont eat certain produce etc from India and China. If I wont eat the produce why do I want to consume their generic drugs.

I for one would not like to see the Aus market swamped by drugs produced in India and China without much better and more stringent standars and testing bodies in those countries. I am sure these products are spot tested coming into our country but still wouldnt fill me with confidence.

Just my 2c. If you ask me I would rather pay a little more to have the confidence that I am getting exactly what it says on the packet. + I would rather support Aussie jobs.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SIP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.