RGT 12.9% 27.0¢ argent biopharma limited

Having been around the california marijuana culture for 50 years...

1. 634 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Having been around the california marijuana culture for 50 years it is actually astounding to someone my age to see 'actual' commerce in cannabis, legalized and moving into the labratory (like an actual drug). The American government has strangled any form of marijuana research for the better part of my life, which is unfortunate because people have smoked 'agent orange or paraquat' for years during te DEA's merciless attack on growers. Hard to believe, but for the last 50 years the US government has only allowed ONE research facility to be opened to study the plant. https://pharmacy.olemiss.edu/marijuana/history/
    It's hard to believe that it has taken a 'lifetime' for me to be able to light up a joint on the street and not fear criminal prosecution.

That information is a little far afield of the 'point' here....but it illustrates the difficulty of trying to start, and run a business that has been relagated to the grey areas of society and the law. Whether MXC is ultimately successful in their pursuit of commercialization....only time and legal barriers stand in the way. I did quite a bit of research on the company because I have an interest in seeing cannabis being studied and formulated into medicines that can help people. Unfortunately the stigma of 'getting high'
    on marijuana has dictated much of the government approach to the plant.  Rather than trying to study the plant the same way they would study a mold for penicillin, they decided to criminilize it. Why...you might ask? Because it's to easy to grow...therefore impossible for phamaceutical companies to control distribution. I think in this sense MXC has at least taken an intelligent approach to the formulation and distribution. Because of a myriad of conflicting laws governing the plant worldwide they are intelligently concentrating their efforts in a way to comply with standards in countries that have more forward looking populations and government. If they can establish a truly 'pharmaceutical type' of facility that controls the process from seed to bottle....they could actually become a major player in the industry.

I still have some objective doubts about their approach to financing...but that doesn't mean that they cannot grab the brass ring if they are able to navigate the pitfalls of finance. I suppose we can only wait and see.
    Last edited by nrcmedia: 16/04/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RGT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
27.0¢
Change
-0.040(12.9%)
Mkt cap ! $12.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
31.0¢ 31.0¢ 25.0¢ $6.09K 21.71K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1760 27.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
30.0¢ 99 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RGT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.