GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

the dominant paradigm is changing in favour of gold 431neb I...

1. 804 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    the dominant paradigm is changing in favour of gold 431neb I reckon
    and you might be onto something fandango with the darkness before dawn bit in gold shares
    and I still tend to think AUD cash FI is King as I reckon every last kleptocrat on the planet is getting the fidgets scheming about how to nick of with my gold/money stash (- I'm about 50:50 gold:cash)

I now read the Oz newsletter the Privateer (subscribe as they have a great gold commentary) and some of these ideas belong to them:

-the last week was something of a watershed as gold didn't sell off as debt markets siezed up - the USD, US Treasury debt, German Sovereign debt and GOLD are in the "flight to safety basket" - gold in fact was up in EVERY currency
    -the 2008 crisis had to do with the private economy - GFC2 is all about sovereign debt and Gold this last week did not behave as it did in the Lehman crisis of 2008
    - we are moving on rapidly to a debate about the nature of money (as a society this is totally at a subconscious level it seems as gold gets absolutely no mention is the press as relevant in this context)

so I doubt that gold is going to tank in nominal terms as even the most dimwitted government uses gold as money
    and chances are that Rudd will get kicked out like Whitlam before him - Oz may yet live up to its proud goldmining heritage

and my guess is that there has never been a better time to accumulate good gold juniors

or to buy more of the physical if you are worried about the idiot factor of punters chucking juniors out with the bathwater that is the ASX

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.