MTB 0.00% 0.2¢ mount burgess mining nl

in reply to blythefan, page-2

1. 4,447 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1668
    I totally agree. Te market needs to se some bullishness on the part of management, with a big capital raising saying "hey, this is for real".

If the directors have been sledged in the past and around the traps, and I too have heard this stuff, then it's only because people have misunderstood the company and its directors and don't give them credit for NOT hyping the stock via wild proclamations about in-situ values, NPV's, etc. PDZ, THR would be a case in point.

That said...the management is showing a few sparks, to my mind. They are mentioning forward plans for the first time, setting goals, and branching out to new prospects to shore up secondary sources of ore and fresh ore bodies. This is necessary and good work.

That all said...another option coming on the radar for small-caps and explorers like MTB who are cash strapped and asset rich, is to get a midcap miner to take the major placement at a premium to the share price, and get a bit of reflected glory from the mid-caps or 'sorta big boys' like OXR, PEM, KZL, etc. OXR took $2M of AQD, and KZL just shunted GGY $4.3M at a 20% premium to the share price - this to me is a message saying the cash-rich midcaps are taking positions in juniors and providing juniors funding to push BFSes and exploration through.

Of course, the paranoid may consider it predatory...but in the end we are all in it to sell our shares for a profit, so should we worry if OXR takes 5% of a company we own, at a premium, pulls the price up, provides muscle and backing and cred to a struggling stock, and then when the deposit is read to roll, pays a further large premium in a takeover and/r swaps your MTB sares for its shares?

I can tell you, any Agincourt shareholder right now must be pretty happy.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MTB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.