In search of whatever it is, page-14

1. 36,517 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Hello blackscorpion,

How are things going with you ? Yes, I do remember you from some years ago. I am pleased to know you have enjoyed my selections for this thread; I hardly get any feedback or contacts from others who might have watched them.

The female singer in the video is a very well known Taiwanese singer. She is known as the Queen of Taiwanese music. Her name is Chiang Wai (in Mandarin, phonetically). That song is in Taiwanese, or Hokkien dialect as it is known in the Fujian Province of China; Taiwan is just across the strait from that Chinese province and many of the Taiwanese people have their roots from that province. I can speak and understand Hokkien.

Chiang Wai sings in Mandarin as well, but mostly in Taiwanese. I have been reading up on her and watched various interviews of her, and I must say I am really impressed by her personality: an unpretentious lady, honest, very kind and considerate of others. She came from a poor family, started singing at 10 years old with her younger sister at restaurants and pubs to support her family. She will be retiring from her singing career after her concerts in Taiwan this year in July and August.

I mentioned some time ago that I could play the guitar and the drums. Recently I have this urge to want to play the saxophone. If you know anyone in Sydney who plays it, please let me know. I just need some initial guidance and I will pick it up from there. I want to buy a cheap or used alto saxophone too; the new ones are expensive for a beginner to buy.

A Happy and Prosperous New Year to you and your family too.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.