NCM 0.00% $23.35 newcrest mining limited

In the Buy Zone, page-60

1. 6,147 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2865
    I hold a small RRL free carry for a decade or so now. Post #: 60843013. RRL is my oldest goldie. After the Normandy era then Lihir Gold acquisition by NCM there was no other worthwhile goldie than RRL. Such a different landscape these days, a gold miner investor is spoilt for choice really. I think the SP is doing well considering the McPhil approval issues. AF (of FMG) is not done with it yet I don't think.

I had a massive trade on NCM right after Covid March Madness of 2020. Which ended when NCM could not break above the 38.92 resistance. Post #: 45029403. This time I'm going for the long haul if I get it for the right price. NCM ticks the 3 boxes below:

1. little to no debt
    2. increase production at little capex (through acquisition of a struggling competitor mainly),
    3. profitable operations that can pass on cost to customers (miners should be half way in achieving this as Commodities increase in line with inflation. The other half is if they can keep their cost down. In a high inflationary environment AIC/AISC is king, not production volume)

Until lose monetary policy and cheap money rains again then it is best for an investor to confine himself to the shares of companies with a long record of profitable operations and in strong financial condition.

Plus I already own to much NST and EVN

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.