CDG 0.00% 7.0¢ cleveland mining company limited

Key point here is 'security over assets', Only means security...

1. 158 Posts.
    Key point here is 'security over assets', Only means security for the loan itself. Like any loan, real control over the assets remains with the borrower until there's an event of default that the lender chooses to enforce on.

They couldn't call it a debt facility if it was anything else and this would be an extremely stupid and rather obvious way to deliberately transfer control to another company.

Take it at face value and what it definitely is, is a bet. CDG are betting that they can pay down any drawn amount of the debt facility inside six months meaning the debt doesn't get converted. But, consider additionally that the notes are convertible at 14c a share, the lender isn't necessarily going to convert or sell at less than 14c a share and given the price at the time of the lending, is also betting on the share price going up.

There seems to be a huge amount of negativity and suspicion over a facility that seems more in favour of CDG and the shareholders than most debt facilities I've seen offered to unprofitable and speculative mining companies. Let alone ones not operating in their home environment.

I'm not going to BS and say the price of a spec share is definitely going to go up, but in the case of this particular announcement, everyone is betting that it will.

My 2 Cents. DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.