PLA 0.00% 6.7¢ platinum australia limited

Don't worry about it, when the US dollar collapses next year the...

1. 214 Posts.
    Don't worry about it, when the US dollar collapses next year the platinum, gold and silver price will go vertically up as a store of wealth against that dollar decline and the market will recognise that and the Platinum Australia share price will go bananas. You’ll clean up and so will I.

People think that dollar notes are money. It isn’t, all dollars are besides pieces of relatively worthless paper, plastic and ink with funny numbers on it is just are debt promissory notes, an IOU, and they are exchanged from person to person as a promise by government guarantee to pay if you were ever to hold them to it. But these days, pay in what? They aint got anything to pay as they are broke. The USA government owes MORE than they have. IF you owe more than you have, you’re bankrupt. IF you were printing the currency and you’re bankrupt, how the bleeding heck is I going to get any value from the piece of paper you gave me as money? You can’t because you’re broke.

You see it is like this, each country needs a currency for its people to exchange for goods and services. Years ago, people use to exchange gold and silver and hell I think they might have even used shells, fish, tobacco, eggs you know real things that are of value to the person who wants them. But as modern society evolved it is impracticable to cart around a truck load of shells and eggs to buy a loaf of bread or whatever so governments issues a standardised thing called currency, dollars. But back then when the dollars were printed, the government had GOLD in their vaults for each paper dollar they printed as an IOU. So you could take your dollar note to the government reserve bank and say Fred Bloggs gave me one of your $10 funny paper thingos for a chicken I gave him and you’re note says you’ll give me that in gold. The government then gives you $10 equivalent in real gold.
    People were pretty happy with that as the dollar notes were an easy and convenient thing to put in their wallets etc as opposed to a chicken or cow and it was easier to store and count them at the local bank, and so a currency of debt came to be. But remember, the dollar notes are not of value, it is the promise to pay written on them as a government IOU and the capacity of the government to make good on any settlement of the IOU debit is.

But years back the government decided to separate from the “Gold Standard” and just print more money that wasn’t backed by gold or anything other than the countries raw value if you sold it to china. Since then, every time the government needs more cash, they just print more dollar notes out of thin air. And with each dollar note, what assets the country did have that could be claimed in bankruptcy are worth less.

It’s like shares, say Platinum Australia had 1 share only and I owned it, then I would own the full value of the company. If Platinum Australia then printed another 220,000,000 shares and handed them around to everyone, then I would own about 44.5 cents of its prosperous future. Same goes for the USA government, they are printing trillions and trillions and trillions of dollars and giving them to all these broke companies but the thing is none of these dollars they are printing are backed up by anything, not platinum, not gold, nothing!
    At least Platinum Australia you have a part of a real asset, an excellent mining company that is backed by 95,000 oz of Platinum, one of the rarest and precious metals in the world a year at Smokey Hills.

You see 1 oz of platinum is like a chicken or a cow in the old days. It’s not a fake unbacked promise of baloney, it is a real thing. Some guy at Platinum Australia had to dig it up and send it to the smelter in to an ingot. That took effort and hard work and a lot of patience from the Platinum Australia shareholders. When the phoney US dollar collapses because people realise it is not worth the paper it is printed on, to buy one of the Platinum Australia ounces is going to cost the price of the real value of a US dollar. What that is, is anyone’s guess, but my guess is not much. So, an ounce of Platinum might be then worth $20,000 phoney money an ounce (this is presuming the United States is worth something for scrape value).

So, yeah don’t worry about the low trading volume, it won’t be for much longer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.