IBX 0.00% 3.6¢ imagion biosystems limited

Incentive payment for clinical is permitted in Australia

1. 6,246 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1245
    On the issue of incentive payments for clinical trial recruiting in Australia here is the link to the official relevant government document published in 2019 that covers this matter ( this being the Australian Government National Health and Research Council)

https://www.nhmrc.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/attachments/publications/NHMRC-Payment-of-participants-in-research.pdf

The relevant clause therein is Clause 1.2 under the heading of Guidance......... QUOTE Generally, payment of participants should be limited to reimbursement of documented expenses and remuneration for time and inconvenience in order to minimise the likelihood of a payment acting as an undue influence (or undue inducement). In cases where the research offers little or no benefit to individuals (e.g. early phase clinical trials) or where the research requires the participation of target populations that are difficult to recruit, payment may be offered as an incentive to participation, as long as adequate processes are in place to promote valid consent UNQUOTE

The interesting part is what I have highlighted in bold font

Well, we are in an early phase clinical trials and also have found it difficult to recruit so as I read it, based on these criteria as above, we can offer a financial incentive to participants over and above standard reimbursement costs. Personally I would think $20k per person for the 15 targetted participants ... its not a large amount in total in the context of current annual IBX expenditures.

So all this blah blah about ethical concerns does not apply as I see it

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IBX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.283M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.7¢ 3.7¢ 3.6¢ $505 14.03K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9216 3.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.7¢ 9229 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IBX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.