SSkim,Sorry but I misunderstood. I thought that in your original...

1. 5,851 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 711
    SSkim,

Sorry but I misunderstood. I thought that in your original post you were saying that you had reached the million figure.
    As a result of me thinking you had reached that figure, I was saying that to have to move some of it around into different accounts is worthwhile.

I am not too sure of the changes to the gov't guarantee, but I know that the guarantee upto a milion dollars or more is finished.

Yes I understand what you are saying about striving with salary sacrifice etc, in an endeavour to reach a level for a good retirement, and I agree with you that many make no attempt to contribute anything more over and above the employer contributions.

Be it luck or good research, sometimes all it takes is a decent shareholding held within a SMSF, in a researched company with good upside potential.
    Personally I have had several like that and they give the fund a great boost but patience is required.
    Dividend (fully franked) stocks also boost the fund and of course the return of the franking credits are a great bonus.

You seem determined to get there SSkim.....All the best!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.