AVR 0.00% $18.00 anteris technologies ltd

income

1. 1,125 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 59
    In anticipation of the quarterly due this week, I took a look at the past few reports, particularly interested in the receipts from customers and staff costs. The chart below compares the two from June 11 till the last report  (june 2014).

upload_2014-10-28_9-15-12.png

It seems that the income from sales seemed to trend downward from its peak $2.198 mil (Sept 2013 when our only marketplace was the handful of Aust surgeons) to $1.7 mill (March 2014) despite having two quarters with eurpoean approval, and one quarter of European sales). Furthermore, the March figure is comparable to those when cardiocel was still a trial and all we had to sell was medical equipment. However, the June Q saw an almost 300K increase in income from sales (which hopefully will see an increase in the next report). Not sure how that can explain 400+ sales to the newly acquired territories  with such potentially low return. Unless we have a reasonably detailed breakdown of how much product is being sold and the revenue generated, factual information on the uptake of the product ( and an idea of the potential sales)  will remain a mystery.

One would hope that the revenue will be considerable as the staff costs have increased considerably (almost tripling in the past 12 months from 1.122 mil to 2.819 mil)and for the past two quarters, staff cost exceeded income. Frivolous spending or strategic development in anticipation of the future direction of the company. The recent appointment of the new management staff (and their experience) will lean to the latter (I hope).

on the surface, the relative lack of income despite the marketability of the product and increased staff costs look quite problematic, however, these are early days where start up costs will be greater, but when the sleeping juggernaut wakes..................

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.