increase gst from 10%b to 11% to fund a levy, page-27

1. 2,458 Posts.
    mark70920,

To view the full post without scrolling please use the full width view or single post view.

"I've got a better idea, as there is only 55% of people agree with the levy (tax) and those in favor of the levy say that it is only a tiny amount levied on each tax payer, would it not be a better idea for only those in favor of the levy to pay double. That way every body would be happy."

I've got an even better idea everyone who does not want to pay tax in Australia can leave.

I pay tax, probably more than my share and why should I leave when the guvnuts are inviting in every one with a heart wrenching story to tell.

You want to live in the free rich democratic country called Australia , well you have to pay the taxes/levies/charges that the democratically elected government imposes. You want to stay you have to pay , you can't opt out of paying because you don't like it.

I agree, if one wants to live in the free rich democratic country called Australia, but every body should pay, not just single out the so called rich and make them the only ones responsible to pay, or is it only free for some.

Maybe you mean, if one can't pay, they leave.

Paying the taxes/levies/charges that the democratically elected government imposes, what, no matter how much that so called democratically elected government wastes, you got to be kidding.

If you don't want to pay these things , you have a choice , leave and find a place better than this where you don't have to pay tax , good luck in finding such a place.

No, you and the guvnuts should learn to live within their means, how hard can that be, it seems that no matter how much they take, they want more.

You all complain about free loaders but you all seem to want to do the same thing and pay as little as possible.

The free loaders are the ones not paying tax, I pay tax, I don't want to pay another tax.
    What happened to the responsibility of people & guvnuts buying insurance, or not building on a flood plain or in a forest.
    Qld. & Vic were once the rich states, what happened to their wealth, did some body steal it or was it just wasted. Life is about risk and reward, some people take the risk and lose and then want some one else to pay.

Some people need to grow up.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.