GEM 1.95% $1.31 g8 education limited

increases dividend by 16%, page-37

1. 531 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4

Ben2010;
    Thanks for taking the time to respond back to my thoughts. Have been pondering this one - as to which is better, AFJ or GEM.

Roger Montgomery seems to have a very strict investment philosophy in which he requires a company to have the runs of the board. In this sense, GEM have those runs.

AFJ has runs too, but they're kinda hidden. I think that Gabriel Guifre is the key, seeing that her former business, being Eternal Echoes - was quite successful and really became the foundation of the Affinity group. Using her knowledge and her background (I think she had 14 centre?), and with a lot more money behind her - my feeling is that AFJ will continue to gather momemtum.

Since it's listing it is up 26% and I feel others might be in agreeance that AFJ has potential.

Now, I'm not saying they will be as big as GEM, however, with only 89.5million shares on issue, compared to GEM's 300 million or so - from an investment view, it only has to be 30% as successful (in terms of market capitalisation) to hit the same share price (assuming no capital raising etc.) So, from that view, I'll respectfully disagree with Roger on this one.

Just my 2 cents.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GEM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.31
Change
0.025(1.95%)
Mkt cap ! $1.060B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.29 $1.32 $1.28 $1.646M 1.266M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 11324 $1.30

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.32 12470 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GEM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.