HDR hardman resources limited

incredible shrinking oil company, page-9

1. 211 Posts.
    good points entropylord.

I actually think that the bigger problem is the Hardman Chairman - an ex Woodside finance executive - part of the jobs for the boys in retirement network in Perth where Woodside is an elephant - and everyone else dances around their orbit. The rest of the board look good on paper, but not doing their job.

Since Hardman have no Australian interests, I question the wisdom of their being domicied in Perth - maybe a move to the UK would be more realistic from an operational point of view.

Simon Potter is clearly a technically competenmt manager who is probably getting on with doing what he knows needs to be done. As a new comer to the MD role of a mid cap oiler - he needs a lot of support help - which he probably has not got. Hence the mis-steps.

I would like to see a truly independent and respected Hardman Chairman - maybe someone form the UK or US. A new board could evolve over the next 1 to 3 years - and hopefully Simon Potter would get the infrastructure around him that he needs apply his talents for our benefit.

I really think the appointment of the new Chairman has been the biggest strategic mistake Hardman has made.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.