So we were given the intelligence to use these energy sources...

1. 10,699 Posts.
    So we were given the intelligence to use these energy sources but our scientists are fools who lie for their wages?

Renewables are now competitive with fossil fuel without subsidies. That's why our mining lobby directed government is talking about increasing the subsidies for fossil fuel. To try to keep them viable as they become uneconomic.

Show me a quote for a new coal power station, without government subsidies and I will show you quotes for renewable energy for less.

"Prime minister Malcolm Turnbull has again declared his support for all things fossil fuel, after suggesting his government could use public money to sponsor both new coal and gas production facilities in Australia, via the Northern Australia Infrastructure Fund.
    In his latest concession to the nation’s powerful fossil fuel lobby, Turnbull told Brisbane Radio that the fund could be used both to subsidise gas pipelines in northern Australia and to underwrite the plans of Indian coal giant Adani to build a rail line from its proposed Carmichael mine."

http://reneweconomy.com.au/turnbull-wants-to-subsidise-coal-and-gas-transport-61896/

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.