SYT 0.00% 0.1¢ syntonic limited

India is planning to give free WiFi to 1050 villages, page-11

1. 1,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37
    Unfortunately my laptop crashed as I was typing so I'll give a shorter version.

Two brothers who are rivals  - Mukesh Ambani who is in the video link http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/30/technology/india-free-wifi-villages/index.html?iid=surge-stack-intl

The links above are for Reliance Industries ( Mukesh Ambani ) who own Reliance Jio ( mobile) He has already piped 135,000km of opic cable around the country 2003-WILKIPEDIA LINK who are currently giving out free internet until March 2017. There is no free data after that, Free limited wifi from the government in limited villages yes.

Currently they have 60 million new subscribers and in Mukesh's own words they are aiming for 100 million subscribers,  so again no free data after March. Any new subscribers to the Jio mobile network from Dec. 2016 are paying data customers. The billion customers just isn't there ( not yet anyway) The data is also restricted down from 4GB to 1 GB per day ( if only some of us had that predicament)

Interesting link with a 5 minute video in English about the announcement made on Dec. 1st 2016 by Mukesh.

http://indianexpress.com/article/te...ill-chairman-mukesh-ambani-announce-tomorrow/

Then you  have Reliance Entertainment ( ANIL AMBANI ) who own Reliance mobile - WILKIPEDIA LINK

"The Freeway by Syntonic application is now available on the Google Play Store for smartphone subscribers on the leading Indian mobile carriers, including Airtel India, Vodafone India, Idea Cellular, and Reliance Mobile." SYT LINK who currently cover 200+ million customers ( I'm sure plenty will have crossed over to Jio Mobile for the free data)

"Inaugural publishers participating in this launch include Reliance Games, the mobile gaming division of the Reliance Entertainment-Digital Group;"

It's unclear if Freeway is available on ALL the Indian networks including Jio Mobile but needs more research when time permits or anyone else comes across an answer.

It's still very early days for Syntonic however I'm sure they wouldn't mind being stuck in the middle of these two brothers and their networks and telcos if possible.

One good thing though, all those additional 100+ million users are going to need some free data if they start paying Mukesh at Jio mobile for data to watch Bollywood and cricket ( yeh I know I'm stereotyping )

The Wilkipedia links about the two brothers will give added insight to what they have on offer in each company in the lines of digital cinema, mobile TV, IPTV, mobile apps, Home Video, music labels, internet retail etc etc.

Sponsored Data / OTT on any Indian network sounds inviting. Cross carrier Indian content to the world.

Any other additional research or points of view welcome......

CC
    Last edited by CaymanCeltic: 31/01/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.