LYC 1.48% $5.98 lynas rare earths limited

Indeed! You, guys, can think what you want .... but, here, the...

1. 207 Posts.
    Indeed! You, guys, can think what you want .... but, here, the facts are clear enough even for blind eyes! First, the REE resource tax, then the REE production quotas, then the REE industry merger plan show EVIDENTLY that  China is not happy at all with the cheap REE prices and the enormous environmental consequences it is paying for its REE production.  

“In essence China has been damned by its success; such that rare earth production is almost a cottage industry which is proving impossible to control. In fact a fresh attempt at exerting government control appears to have started this week with the forced amalgamation of some producers but whether it is too little too late remains to be seen. What could happen is that a government crackdown on illegal rare earth producers, and forced amalgamations, will lead to a repeat of the shortages experienced a few years ago, re-starting a boom-bust-boom market for critically important raw materials."  

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timtrea...-a-price-collapse-and-environmental-crisis/4/

No one should therefore be surprised that, in last 1-2 months, we have seen news and/or rumors about new REE joint ventures, commercial deals etc. in the U.S., in Africa, in Asia.... otherwise, WHAT IS BE THE POINT OF INVESTING IN A DECLINING INDUSTRY, WITH FALLING PRICES AND MARKET MONOPOLIZED BY A SINGLE COUNTRY? .... someone has to give me a proper answer here.

I may be wrong BUT the recent fall in REE prices may be simply caused by the fact Chinese producers are losing market share in the ROW .... as it happened for the oil price with the Saudis, they are trying to defend their dominant market position but it looks like they are failing in their attempt as the Moly-Siemens deal highlights...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.98
Change
-0.090(1.48%)
Mkt cap ! $5.589B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.06 $6.11 $5.98 $17.19M 2.859M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 79108 $5.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.02 17678 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.