ELE 0.00% 0.5¢ elmore ltd

india

1. 133 Posts.
    I have done some research on India and came across some very interesting info from the investment commission of India. This is the main reason why i am excited about NSL's Indian exposure.

SIZE

1. India has 24 billion tonnes of iron ore reserves - the 5th largest reserve base in the world
    2. 2.4 billion tonnes of bauxite reserves - the 4th largest reserve base in the world
    3. 240 million tonnes of manganese reserves - the 2nd largest reserve base in the world
    4. Indian deposits of bauxite and iron ore are among the best in the world in terms of quality and mineability

OPPORTUNITY

India is rich in mineral resources with large reserves
    of several primary metals
    India is an attractive destination for metal-making

OUTLOOK

Indian mineral production is expected to grow rapidly in the coming years – driven by growth in metal manufacturing
    Iron ore production is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10-12% over the next five years, in step with rapid growth in the steel industry

POTENTIAL

India has several advantages, making it an attractive destination for mining and value addition
    1. Large quantity of high-quality reserves
    2. Low labour and conversion costs
    3. India is among the lowest cost producers of Steel and Alumina
    4. Large and growing domestic demand
    5. Strategic location: proximity to the developed European market and the fast-developing Asian markets for export of Steel, Aluminium
    6. India presents substantial mining opportunities across all metal ores
    7. Estimated 82 billion tonnes of reserves of various metals yet to be tapped
    8. Large scope for investments in mining of Iron ore and Bauxite

Whilst the info above relates to India as a whole, its easy to see why NSL is looking into India for iron ore rather than at home. Mass cost and efficiency savings and untapped resources is just a start. Still early days but i love the story so far....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ELE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.