There is a guy who used to live up at Sarina Point, an...

1. 15,732 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 453
    There is a guy who used to live up at Sarina Point, an archaeologist, who once claimed to have found loads of artefacts around the country that suggested there were Phoenicians here temporarily long before we were, and they were conducting copper mining at a number of locations. I visited him back in 2000 out of curiosity and he showed me some of the artefacts, along with geological landmarks that seemed to offer plausibility to his theory, including an underwater ancient stone pier that seemed to be manmade.

Anyway, he also pointed to the difference in genetics and physical appearance of certain aboriginal nations, and theorized that some were descended of Indian slaves brought over on the Phoenician ships.

He also claimed that the government refused to engage with him on his research as they were too contentious from the perspective of white Australian history.

I've never really made my mind up on whether he was just a nutty eccentric with a vivid imagination or actually had stumbled on something extraordinary.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.