Indian's freezing, page-16

1. 12,791 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 186

“It’s snowing or cold outside so that means no global warming.” Yes, I used global warming. I don’t fall for the distracting tactic of saying “we changed the name to climate change.” To be honest, I am still amazed that people still Tweet or say things about cold weather refuting climate warming. Numerous articles and social media explanations,, have been written to explain why weather in a given day or week doesn’t refute or confirm climate change. Weather is your mood, and climate is your personality. Many of us use this little analogy to drive home the point, but my hunch is that Tweet and perspective will not go away any time soon. By the way, , is projecting 2019 to finish as our 2nd warmest year on record. On December 17th, he tweeted:

With Nov GISTEMP anomalies posted, 2019 is #2 YTD, and this will be 99.9% likely to be the ranking for the full year. - 5th year clearly > 1°C above late 19th C (Century) - closes out warmest decade in record

Dr. Gavin Schmidt, NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies and climate scientist
    GISS

NASA GISS temperature and prediction (green) for 2019).

GAVIN SCHMIDT (TWITTER)

“Earth always had hurricanes and extreme weather.” While this is a true statement, it really doesn’t mean anything within the context of a climate discussion. To me, that is like saying trees always fell in the forest or grass always grew naturally. Neither of those statements refutes that chainsaws can still cut a tree down or that fertilizer affects how grass grows on your lawn. Credible peer-reviewed articles,, and virtually in weather-climate fields have noted . You may see “one-off” articles or studies disputing this statement, but I tend to stick with the larger body of evidence rather than confirmation bias. To be fair, there are exaggerated claims about extreme events on both sides of the ledger so consume your information carefully.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marshallshepherd/2019/12/26/5-social-media-posts-about-weather-that-need-to-go-away-in-2020/#6da999986647

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.