OGX 0.00% 0.3¢ orinoco gold limited

...interesting that this post just clicked over 100 tu's this...

1. 2,599 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1713
    ...interesting that this post just clicked over 100 tu's this morning (thanks for your acknowledgement). I have had lots of comment about why I would dedicate so much effort into posts like these when I'm not being paid for my time and effort ...but actually I am being paid. I gain considerable insight into the fundamentals of the company and so I can make more informed decisions (essentially buy more). I'm doing this for selfish reasons, but also I hate the thought of greedy corporations ripping off small investors in the myriad of methods they have at their disposal.

I've had feedback from several investors who have resurrected their investment or just appreciated the reassurance that someone else had reasons to remain positive.

It could have all worked out very badly and gone wrong, but thankfully the resource shone through and was saved by emergency investment. Lets not kid ourselves, that emergency investment was not for altruistic reasons (if such a thing exists -even Mother Theresa had her 'quid pro quo'), but rather to keep the company afloat and protect their own investment and get the company "back to basics" -and good on them for doing it -I would not be in a position to be planning the development of one of my innovations if they hadn't.

I appreciate your comments BT, frankster and slashusr -Thanks heaps.

Nice to see the research report put a figure on the SP. I honestly think that 20-25c is only a starting point, because of the number of different projects and announcements anticipated over the coming months. HM3 may give us the biggest % increase in SP, but it may well be Eliseo, Cuca, Tintero, Sertao or Antena Xupe. Then again, it may eventually be Espanola or Mato Grande.

It's quite amazing to think that we have so many targets that we just can't get to them all ...and these don't include Digo Digo or a host of others. To get an reasonable idea of the other potential deposits it may be worth having a good read of the following pages from Troy Resources Annual Report 2006 (TRY):

View attachment 1002418 View attachment 1002421 View attachment 1002424

Note that some of the names of prospects have been changed.

There is another very important point to keep in mind here: During 2006 & 2007 Troy closed deals on a number of new exploration tenements:

Andorinhas in Northern Brazil (where the processing plant went to), two project areas in Mongolia, as well as others in WA.

They were full steam ahead on a numerous prospects in Faina Greenstone belt ...but they needed the mill for Andorinhas and that brought exploration to a close. During their time in Sertao, they achieved extremely low operating costs ...and they attributed this to the high grade of the deposit -something we have in common at Cascavel according to the years of sampling.

Also, already knew that Antena Xupe was folded belt formations and were looking for extensions when they shut up shop and left (but perhaps hadn't realised the overall connection). Geophysics improvements perhaps?

They had further to haul the ore to Sertao, and that would not have helped economics -and gold was around $600 - $800 AU during those years.

Ok ...so back to the Cascaval -the mine that is just about to set to world on fire (we anticipate).

Here is a view of our major Drill results from Sept 2013. I like this diagram because it clearly shows the different lodes in the results. Here we can see it with Cascavel & Mestre & Cuca shown as well as our MRE (Mineral Resource Estimate) & ET (Exploration Target):

Major Drill Results Sept 2013.jpg

..and here it is wound out to include our nearby targets:

Major Drill Results Sept 2013 expanded.jpg

And here it is wound out to include Antena-Xupe:

Major Drill Results Sept 2013 incl Antena.jpg

Hey Ram ...thanks for your wrap regarding this a few weeks ago ...hadn't forgotten -remind everyone:

Previous Post:

I thought I'd have a crack at this ...because I already had a fair bit of the info:

So for the drill hole 3D display I had to log all the gold bearing quartz veins intercepted by drilling:

So we can see from that -the average thickness of the gold bearing quartz "blanket" of mineralisation is 1.41m. We should keep in mind here that several of them have multiple distinct layers of mineralisation to add to the complexity (004 totaling 8.9m).

...so the following shows the old expanded mine plan outline of 200 x 300m with Cascavel, Mestre and drilling results on Google Earth:

Using this old expanded mine plan outline, we arrive at 200m x 300m at an average depth of 1.41m mineralisation.

...using this as an average, we arrive at the following:

...so how reasonable is this assumption?

..well lets look at the bigger picture:

So here we can see Cuca (and drill holes) some 300m from Cascavel, as well as the other raft of drill holes including 002, 009 and in addition, a guide to the possible location of drill hole CDP052, some 1.2k downdip with 3m of gold-bearing quartz mineralisation.

So lets take it out one more step:

...mate ...we are talking square kilometers of mineralisation -not hundreds of sqm. It's no wonder Anglo Gold (et al) are increasing their share of the pie -rubbing their hands together with glee I would say (I picture someone with an evil laugh stroking a black cat.

So lets go back to our estimate and play devils advocate (no reason to): halve the area, reduce the seam thickness to 1m, drop the gold to 10 g/t ...still have $44M gross income ...even that would mean we are solvent and on the way with a MC multiplied by many as suggested by Humphrey:

"

At this point I will bring this post to a close ...because it is using the archaic data sets that are currently available on the ASX. As you will see in a separate post there is new data available (that I have just discovered tonight).

Cheers,

SJB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.