XJO 0.31% 7,737.1 s&p/asx 200

i dont know how anyone would think that the RBA would have...

1. 294 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    i dont know how anyone would think that the RBA would have paused yesterday, if you read the minutes and inbetween the lines and bs of the media its all so clear.

some of the most important things said by RBA in recent months.

- 3.85 cash rate is where they see the neutral rate, neither inflationary nor deflationary.
    - commitment to curbing inflation as no 1 priority.

given we were at 3.85% yesterday (the neutral rate) and inflation went up last month. now only since the hike yesterday (as the RBA sees it) are we only 30bps above the the neutral rate and into a deflationary cash rate.

given the high inflation still, im 99.99% certain the next 2 months will be rate hikes as well (no matter what the tv says) and can see about a 5% cash rate by year end give or take.

The rate pause in April was very unexpected to me but i understand why i think they did that, given 2 months have passed im thinking they were trying to get a feel and see where things are at, before the next set of hikes upwards.

trading the XJO this week, on the H4 chart theres a clear downtrend in motion and a good sense of repsect for its upper trend line (mrK).

if you got in a sell Monday morning, its looking very promising for a target to take profit at 7000 or lower by end of week. -before potentially bouncing up again for a lower high.

in saying that im watching intently the next couple hours to see if it bounces off the 7124 resistance as it did late last night, if that happens again i might consider TP while im ahead.

GL
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5333/5333473-8ad99900a44eb361e513a4c273b64be8.jpg
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5333/5333476-a80b810db8e44a8bb1436978a1ecb30f.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.