XJO 0.88% 7,959.3 s&p/asx 200

Indices 2/10, page-294

1. 9,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5141
    The following is an excerpt from my Excel sheets where I track all sorts of stuff.

This shows some technical notes on the 19 ETFs that I track.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5638/5638070-505bf05538f4995f978cf6c8cefe2fc9.jpg

Some notes to clarify the above.

Man. Rel. Strength = the level of the Mansfield Relative Strength which compares the ETF to the XJO. Above zero means the ETF is doing better than the XJO. Below zero - the ETF is doing worse than the XJO.

It is a good idea to be invested in products that are doing better than the XJO.

Some of these ETFs have a relatively high correlation to the XJO. VLC, VHY and MVW. These have a correlation around 0.9%. STW, for example, is 0.955 (virtually no difference.) Any of these could be used as a proxy investment for the XJO.

All of these ETFs are below the Kijun Sen (Ichimoko System), 50-Day MA and 20-Day MA, i.e., they are in bearish territory. Only two ETFs are above their 8-Day EMAs - MVB (Banks) and GDX (Gold Miners). That's a short-term buy signal.

Relatively best performing ETFs are:
    • IAF - Oz Composite bond fund. MRS 0.25
    • MVB - Australian Banks. MRS 0.3
    • BHYB - Major Bank Hybrids. MRS 0.28
    • QMIX - Major stocks across countries. MRS 0.25.
    Notice the lean to banks and bank hybrids. (These readings are dynamic and can change quickly.)

Worst Performers:
    ACDC - Global Battery and Lithium. MRS -0.68
    GDX - Oz Gold Miners. MRS -0.27
    VAP - Oz Property. MRS -0.22
    DJRE - Global Real Estate. MRS -0.19.

I usually like to see SPT3 (Three Supertrend Lines) with three out of three before going long - medium term trade.

The above is not a comprehensive review. I still need to look at a chart - volume effects and support/resistance, for example, are important.

Bank Hybrids have a correlation of 0.1 - virtually non-correlated. ACDC also has a very low correlation 0.04. IAF has a low correlation 0.26. IHCB is 0.28.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.