XJO 0.88% 7,959.3 s&p/asx 200

Indices - 25/4, page-16

1. 1,214 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 98
    I think people aren't returning to the workforce. I didn't. I see no point in running the rat wheel as a small business owner with rising costs that I couldn't easily pass on even to the ultra rich let alone the elderly. Government contracts were a different story, but that will change too. My plumber charged 9G to fit a $300 water pump to this house and his government paid apprentice did the job (that's where the jobs are coming from). Too much money wasted as I see yet another example from Inland rail getting blown out on the property we rent. I asked the staff doing geo reports when this will go ahead and they laughed saying probably never but secure int heir 120K jobs. Yet they had a 300K Mack truck onsite to wash rocks after standing around for 3hrs waiting for red tape to clear. Infrastructure projects are an open wallet. I re-built my driveway last month for a fair price, but could have picked a number like the plumber though I'm not a crook so didn't.

An optometrist at my wife's workplace quit to start a Yoga business and buy the building. 4 staff left also. Bupa has a real problem.

I can earn a living day trading and have my cake and eat it too with plenty of spare time and unlimited growth. Plenty of others have done the same.

Any boomer wishing to downsize had/has a cracker opportunity. Families are choosing family life. Career changes are being planned and executed.

There is a whole thematic here that is not factored in to economic readings....yet, but it's pretty obvious if you are or talk to regular folk.

Just my opinion of course, but some heavy research suggests to me that the AUS market will likely be the strongest in coming years after a decent flush and property reset.

Meanwhile the AUD collapses...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.