indonesia terrorist warning, page-6

1. 4,287 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    GZ, you've taken me out of context a bit, I meant the vast majority of Indonesians are as opposed to terrorism as we are, and as such are our allies.
    Anti-west sentiment is not as deeply rooted as we think, but is something to comes and go depending a lot on the media. Indonesians are not reknown for holding deep and long grudges as are some other cultures.
    Dress code is important and any that do not respect it merely attract the same sort of disrespect.
    With regards to wearing shorts, the advice given to you was correct, but they didn't explain to you why it was like that. The reason is that shorts are seen as being worn only by the poorest of the poor who can't afford long trousers. I have seen many Indonesians wearing shorts but it has been by those who are poor and only in a work environment. Even the very poor can afford one pair of trousers as pride and dignity is most important to them, as it should be for everyone.
    The Japanese and Chinese/Taiwanese have been regarded as good spenders for some time and there numbers are increasing.
    Many regard Australians as being a bit tight with their money, at least those that I have met ;-)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.