RAC 1.38% $1.79 race oncology ltd

You have actually raised a very interesting question, although I...

1. 19,266 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6356
    You have actually raised a very interesting question, although I doubt you realised it.

The reason almost all pharmaceutical companies are trying to develop targeted drugs and immunotherapies is because it is near impossible to make a better version of the current generic chemo drugs. Take doxorubicin (a member of the anthracycline class) as an example, pharma companies have made over 2000 different anthracyclines and none have proven sufficient superior to doxorubicin to make the switch worthwhile. Unless you can make a chemo drug that is significantly better than the current chemo drugs you don’t have commercially viable drug program.

This is where bisantrene is different. It is a drug that is significantly better than the current chemo drugs, but probably most importantly we are not trying to replace the current chemo drugs, but make them safer and more effective by adding bisantrene on top. Based on our research (which we have shared with the market) this is a very attractive market with significant value.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.