WBT 5.50% $2.11 weebit nano ltd

Industry related on topic, page-112

1. 1,416 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4421
    ReRam is a direct replacement for all Flash NVM which as we know is in every electronic product on the planet. However it is uncertain IMO how Flash NVM fits in the AI/Neural Net landscape as this is the holy grail atm of the tech world and nobody is going to give away their secrets. It is my belief that Flash NVM is a limiting factor for AI/Neural Nets, due to its power hungry and relatively slow speed. Those seeking
    to win in AI would surely be using the fastest NVM's available which we know beat Flash NVM on speed/energy but not price. SiOx ReRam once mass produced will be similar performance to those faster NVM's but crutially is lowest cost per bit. This is vitally important as lowest cost per bit given equal performance metrics is hard to beat.
    Now if research by Prof Danielle Ielmini of the Polytechnic di Milano(WBT research partner) comes to fruition SiOx ReRam will have the field to itself. Why is this so? The good Prof is taking a completely different approach to AI/Neural Nets than everyone else. They have proved ReRam hS the ability to learn by itself much as a human brain(small child) learns. This is revolutionary stuff, think Terminator but is some years off. When you combine your the ability of ReRam to act as a memory or battery that Leti is researching you get a sense of where this is heading.
    Of course WBT is such a small company it must focus on the "low hanging fruit". Once SiOx ReRam is proven at scale though these other strings to WBT's bow will attract a lot of attention by those in the race for AI/Neural Nets.
    There are only a couple of YouTube videos Prof Ielmini I could find, one easy and one very hard. Worth the effort though. Now if you are wondering how good the Polytechnic di Milano are at AI then you should watch the World Autonomous Racing Car Challenge from earlier this year and easily found online. Now all teams had the same car using the same hardware, however they had to design the software and algorithms. No ReRam in these cars. Who won, well it was the Polytechnic di Milano in partnership with the university of Alabama. There were only 2 teams that were really good, way ahead of the others. WBT is in good hands with Prof Ielmini, trust me.
    Why is this important. Well soon if not now they will have there hot little hands on some of these WBT ReRam SOC's to take this research to the next level.
    Of course there are some big players that may want to fast forward this research if they think WBT may be their ticket to the holy grail. At that point WBT becomes way more valuable.
    Hop that helps.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.11
Change
0.110(5.50%)
Mkt cap ! $398.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.01 $2.12 $2.00 $919.0K 440.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4000 $2.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.11 235 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WBT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.