industry super fund ads - who's paying??, page-14

1. 791 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Hi dayz
    I understand what you are saying about people leaving it to the last minute, which is part of the thinking around a low contribution limit and unlimited access later (rather than the reverse situation that existed), to get people providing earlier in life. It also encourages income being 'pi&*ed up against the wall rather than a culture of looking after oneself, because many feel "oh well, too late to build anything now, I'll just buy a better boat".

I looked at the call for submissions and some of the options given meant that splitting wouldn't matter as all contributions would be counted (even if then split or withdrawn). The date was another issue. I feel 1 July, then if you have SMSF return done you know how your limit for that year, but there are many twists.

RE tax returns, are they? Deductions are taken off of taxable income, so is essentially off MTR. But salary sac is different, is the employer deducting that first off your package, then distributing the cash, after tax. It's a philsophical question I think, the outcome is the same, but which end is it coming from? Is it FIFO or LITO (so to speak, if you know accounting).

A very good discussion with no right answer.
    Cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.