1. 3,060 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 115
    Back around 1968 I watched a documentary about the tramps in London. I will never forget a statement one of them made. "I lost all my money on the stock market in 1929" he explained. I'm left with the impression that he simply gave up from then on. Very sad.
    As a result of the parliaments' reaction to the coronavirus, I wonder how many times we'll hear that tramp's sad tale repeated? How many will, in despair and destitution simply give up?
    Very sad indeed. I guess that having to start from scratch would be a massive undertaking.
    I am certain that the truth about how many have suffered and died one way or another due to the mis management of the current situation will take years if not decades to be exposed. And of course no one will be held responsible.( ie no lessons learnt)
    It is interesting that in the early days of the current situation it was pointed out (even on these forums) just how many and for what reasons incredible numbers would die over the next few years as a results of the stupidity that would ensue.
    I would have thought instead of being labeled conspiracy theorists, they should be held up as visionaries or prophets and asked to explain their logic and thought processes.

An anticipation of the 1929 crash may have required the foresight of a particularly capable investor, but events right now ought to awaken even the novice. Things are just not right and governmental intervention in the realm of economics would seem to be the real cause.
    Of course the problem is that you cant put an old head on young shoulders.
    I have in large red letters on my office white board
    1929-2029?
    If you look back at the documentaries re those times I believe the parallels are amazing, the carefree attitudes, the decadence, the belief that nothing can go wrong etc.
    We, chose to live off grid in anticipation, over 25 years ago so to me the coming dramas to me seem imminent, however I cant get the historic cycles out of my mind, so maybe there is a few more years yet to wait.
    I believe that it is certain personality types that can begin to see what is coming. Most types cant even see what is coming around the next corner, let alone into the next decade.
    It is a mystery to me why most people wont even acknowledge history as a learning exercise.

If you haven't already watched it, there is a very good 7 minute video which may be found by searching "Free Market Masters Ludwig Von Mises". Take careful note of the mention of artificially low interest rates. I know you'll like it.
    Yes, I learned of Austrian economics via the precious metals path, in relation to the temporary nature of all of the currencies throughout the course of history.
    It seems strange to me that the minds that come up with any of the different ways of looking at things often seem to be really one eyed regardless of the logic of the situation being discussed, whereas most often I find that the practical truth lies somewhere in between. eg hc discussion. Why does there need to be a left or a right line (in our case) of thinking when both sides have good points that have been proven to work.(or not) and if you want to adopt or discuss a point from the other side you are labeled a traitor
    Most are obviously constrained by their mindset to the exclusion of everything else. Sad really.
    Certainly throughout history the systems that we have adopted have not lasted for very long in any situation, just like the currencies they adopt. Interesting times
    Back around 1968 I watched a documentary about the tramps in London. I will never forget a statement one of them made. "I lost all my money on the stock market in 1929" he explained. I'm left with the impression that he simply gave up from then on. Very sad.

As a result of the parliaments' reaction to the coronavirus, I wonder how many times we'll hear that tramp's sad tale repeated? How many will, in despair and destitution simply give up?

An anticipation of the 1929 crash may have required the foresight of a particularly capable investor, but events right now ought to awaken even the novice. Things are just not right and governmental intervention in the realm of economics would seem to be the real cause.

In buying gold and silver back in 2007 you definitely made a wise move.

If you haven't already watched it, there is a very good 7 minute video which may be found by searching "Free Market Masters Ludwig Von Mises". Take careful note of the mention of artificially low interest rates. I know you'll like it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.