CGG 0.00% 53.0¢ citadel resource group limited

dont know if this has been posted...

1. 1,411 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    dont know if this has been posted already
    http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23013821-664,00.html

WITH its main asset located near the historical site of King Solomon's mines, Citadel Resources is hoping that it too will find riches of biblical proportions.

As the first Australian resources company with a presence in Saudi Arabia, the ambitious explorer has its sights on becoming a mid-tier miner within the next three years.

"I like to say we're the Oxiana of the Middle East," Citadel chief executive Ines Scotland told BusinessDaily.

"We have a large copper project and some good early development gold projects in an area previously unknown for base and precious metals mining."

Citadel is the product of a merger between media services company ADV Group and mining services company Vertex.

The company's flagship copper project, Jabal Sayid, is a 50-50 joint venture with Saudi Arabia's Central Mining Company Investments.

The resource is situated approximately 350 kilometres from the city of Jeddah in the Arabian Shield region - the same area as the legendary gold mines of King Solomon.

Ms Scotland - who has been based in Jeddah for the past three years - said being a business woman in the Middle East is no more challenging than in western countries.

"I have met some dynamic and successful Saudi women who are leading major companies in Saudi," she said.

"In the Forbes 2007 Most Important Women list there were seven women from middle eastern countries and only one from Australia."

Jabal Sayid currently has a resource of 46.2 million tonnes at 1.8 per cent copper, which translates into around 800,000 tonnes of contained copper.

The project was initially investigated by the French Geological Mission on contract to the Saudi government in the 1970s and 80s but has remained largely untouched since then.

However, additional drilling in the 1990s suggested it was a potentially world-class resource with 100 million to 150 million tonnes at between one and 1.5 per cent copper and significant gold, silver and zinc credits.

Citadel expects to release an updated resource estimate some time this quarter.

In addition to Jabal Sayid, Citadel also has nine other projects - all located in Saudi Arabia.

Ms Scotland said she was inspired to take on the top job at Citadel after meeting Cynthia Carroll, chief executive of mining giant AngloAmerican, at a dinner several years ago.

"I sat across from Cynthia and had quite a conversation with her," the former Rio Tinto, Lihir and Comalco manager said.

"I would have to say I was really inspired that yes, I could lead Citadel into being a major player in the mining sector."

Citadel shares closed 2.5 higher to 28 on Friday.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.