IFN 0.00% 93.0¢ infigen energy

Last year there was speculation in the AFR about a takeover...

1. 2,923 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 747
    Last year there was speculation in the AFR about a takeover offer from Tilt.
    Glad it didn't happen as RR and the team have done a solid job of turning the ship around.
    One more battery/storage option (hopefully capital-light) and I think we will be set for a while. There seems to be a lot of pumped hydro storage opportunities.Arena is pushing that barrow pretty hard.
    I think access to storage will be the enabler for growing the generation side now there is firming to make what is in place more efficient. Remember that non-wind generation is not intrinsically value add but provides the ability to sell more contracts as we can guarantee output at low wind times. The firmed output still costs more than wind alone to generate.
    Storage let's IFN keep the cheap wind energy for sale at a higher price later. Batteries are a good quick fix but hydro storage (in my view) is a better long term option. It also has the potential to add free energy when natural flows are high from heavy rainfall.

I suspect we will have SP consolidation now until we see the BESS fully operational or another announcement. In the mean time IFN holders, enjoy the wind on your face and look forward to the next div.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IFN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.